Ilkal saree is a traditional form of saree which is a common feminine wear in India. Ilkal is town of bagalkot district in Karnataka. The Ilkal saree industry has a 1,000-year-old tradition. The sarees are manufactured from handlooms, Ilkal town has upto thousands of handlooms. Here’s the Six reasons why Ilkal saree’s are the best traditional saree’s.
- Ilkal silk sarees are purely traditional saree because of its simple and traditional designs which can give every woman are pure Indian traditional look.
- The saree are not made from fake or low-quality materials. The saree is either made of cotton, or a mixture of cotton and silk or in pure silk as the need.
- The unique feature of Ilkal saree is it’s pallu that consists of contrast color (in this case red and white) alternate stripes woven in pure silk.
- The colors traditionally used are pomegranate red, brilliant peacock green and parrot green for traditional look. The sarees that are made for bridal made of a particular colour wear are called Giri Kumukum which is associated with the sindhoor worn by the wives of the priests in this region.
- Ilkal Sarees comes with many different categories depending upon its border design, pallu designs like Bhoomi Border Sarees, Guledgudda Khana Sarees and The distinctive feature of Ilkal sarees is the use of a form of embroidery called as Kasuti. The designs used in Kasuti reflect traditional patters like palanquins, elephants and lotuses which are embroidered onto Ilkal sarees.
- The Ilkal sarees are now becoming new trend or new fashion. These sarees are using to make a western dresses which makes a fantastic & elegant look of mixture of traditional & western, in the fashion shows these used for a unique look.